Monday, April 25, 2011

Bunny George

With Easter just barely in our rearview mirror, it seems appropriate to discuss the Easter bunny; or, more specifically, the variations on what we imagine the Easter bunny to look like. I was surprised to learn that some people see him as a little cotton tail rabbit - not unlike Peter, I suppose. 

To me, this makes no sense. How could such a little guy transport all his delicious treats to deserving (and not-so-deserving) boys and girls? On his back? Doubtful. Let’s get real here, I argued. Obviously he has to be life-sized, with opposable thumbs to carry his Easter basket, and two legs. In the course of conversation, I also mentioned that my Easter bunny wears a top hat and a bejeweled, glitter-covered vest. I paused to consider this. Perhaps, I thought, my bunny is gay; at the very least, he’s a flamboyant individual. Bunny George? Libunnyrace? I’m not one to judge. All I know is, not only does he bring me some heavenly treats, but he’s also the most fabulously dressed guy on the block.

What does your Easter bunny look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment