Sunday, December 16, 2012

Glad Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Is it just me or has 2012 been an absolutely terrible year – both personally and in the world in general? I’d say, bring on 2013, but it seems over the last few years that each ensuing year has gotten progressively worse. Still, I’m very much looking forward to closing the chapter on 2012 – assuming, of course, that the Mayans were wrong and that we’ll actually make it to 2013.

So, as the bad news continues to mount and the holiday horribles set in, I thought we could all do with a little joy, or at least a reasonable facsimile. The following pictures would probably fall more into the “reasonable facsimile” category as opposed to actual joy, but I always enjoy seeing celebrities exhibiting behavior that doesn’t suck – especially as it seems to happen so rarely.

So, my friends, enjoy this moment, however brief, of non-suckage.


MARK WAHLBERG & RHEA DURHAM
If you, like me, thought that chivalry was dead, or that celebrities simply employed people to be chivalrous for them, you’d, like me, be wrong. At least when it comes to former tough guy, Mark Wahlberg. See how he jogs ahead to open the car door for his wife and mother of his four children, Rhea Durham? What a guy.   




THE GARNER / AFFLECK FAMILY
I do think it’s a bit creepy that this family is constantly stalked by the paparazzi, considering the fact that they try to remain fairly low-key; and I know that I’m only adding to the madness by posting these pictures, but they’re just so darn cute! 

Seraphina and her mom
 Violet and her dad. The smile on this child's face just about says it all.  

Much like with children, I feel that celebrities should mostly be seen and not heard—especially when it comes to politics. Ben Affleck, however, appears to disagree with me. Despite that, though, I really like his family. I hate to say that this bunch is “normal” because there’s just no way that two movie stars—living in L.A.—can have a normal family, but it appears that they’re as close as you could reasonably expect. And that they love their kids. For this, I love them – in a totally non-creepy sort of way.


SANDRA BULLOCK & MELISSA McCARTHY
I don’t know why, but I absolutely L-O-V-E that these two lovely ladies are friends. They met on the yet-to-be-released film The Heat and, judging by these pictures, really hit it off. Apparently their families also hit it off, as these photographic mementos are courtesy of a family day out at Disneyland. I’m sure they had a good time, but what I really want to see is photos of a girls’ night out. Or better yet, I want an invite. In the meantime, maybe I’ll just Photoshop myself into this picture.

My two new BFFs


EMILY BLUNT & JOHN KRASINSKI
Full disclosure: I’m an Emily Blunt fan. (See? There are actresses that ATG endorses.) I think she’s beautiful and pretty darn talented. She also seems quite likeable. And what’s more, she and her husband, The Office actor John Krasinski, appear to like each other, which is always a bonus. I think Ems made a good choice with this fella. Of course, pretty much anyone’s better than her former boyfriend, jackass Michael Bublé. 


 



HUGH GRANT & JON STEWART
So, Jon Stewart recently said that after Hugh Grant’s last appearance on The Daily Show, and his diva behavior backstage, he’d never be invited back on the show. Who knows exactly what transpired, but given how diva-like most celebrities are, Grant must’ve acted pretty badly to be specifically called out. The reason I include this story is because Hughie Boy recently broke his silence on the situation. And sided with Stewart! I love it when celebrities show some humility (fake or otherwise) and admit to their failings. 


Of course, once you’ve been arrested for “lewd conduct” with a prostitute, admitting to just about anything else is probably fairly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment