Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Trending Now

I’ve noticed recently that a lot of my friends read magazines like Glamour and Vogue in an effort to educate themselves on the latest fashion trends; to make sure they have the most fashion-forward purse or shoes. To them I say, forget all that. Forget the fashion magazines and the blogs. Forget labels and haircuts and colors and patterns. You want to be trendy? You only need one thing: a black baby.

Because we here at ATG pride ourselves on dealing only in fact, I will first define trend before proceeding any further. According to dictionary.com, a trend is defined as “the general course or prevailing tendency.” Prevailing tendency. This would imply that a lot of people are doing it, or beginning to do it, would it not?   

So, are a lot of people adopting black babies? Well, if they’re not, then this post is about as pointless as Kate Middleton’s degree. Just off the top of my head, I can think of four “trendy” ladies (five, if you count Brad Pitt):


And let’s don’t forget, it’s early days. This is a trend that is just starting to pick up steam; a tendency that is just starting to prevail, if you will.

So, if you really want to look “hip” and “with it,” get rid of those fashion mags, ignore everything you see at this year’s Fashion Week, and return those Manolo Blahniks. If you truly want to hang with the cool kids, it’s not about the label on your jeans, but the baby on your hip.

Of course, considering the fickleness of Hollywood, if you’re planning to do a little bandwagon jumping before it becomes “so last year,” you better get on it. Who knows? By tomorrow the prevailing tendency may be obscene body art or making out with your brother. Oh, wait, Angelina Jolie already tried starting that trend years ago; it didn’t quite catch on.

I can’t imagine why…

I have no words.

Yuck.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooh! You went there... AND you're right. Black babies are the new purse chihuahua. And Angelina is gross... and according to Star magazine, a C-Minus rated mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yes I went there! I mean, SOMEBODY had to say it (loved the comparison to purse Chihuahuas, by the way). As for Angelina Jolie, I have to admit that I kind of like her, in spite of myself. But, yes, that whole “I’m in love with my brother” thing is totally gross and unnecessary. Seriously, that picture makes me feel like I’ve interrupted an intimate moment. Between SIBLINGS.

    So. Inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete