Monday, June 11, 2012

All I ever wanted was a pony...

Exciting, non-Waity news from the Royal family today.  The Queen's granddaughter, Zara Phillips, was selected for the British equestrian team.  

Get in, you cheeky girl!


Why do I love this news?  Let me count the ways:

1.  It's not about Waity.
2.  It's not about Prince Philip's health (this breaks my heart every time I think of the Queen alone).
3.  It's not about Waity upstaging the Queen at her own Jubilee celebration.
4.  It's not about Pippa 'The Bum" Middleton.
5.  It's not about Waity not being pregnant.  

But seriously, it's refreshing to see a member of the Royal family, especially one that often bucks tradition, go after something that she is passionate about.  And I admire her for not giving up her dreams after she got married (even though her husband is cute in that broken-nosed rugby player way).  And I love that she's just coming into her stride post-30.  There is hope for all of us "wrong-siders" yet!

What restraint I have, only three Waity references and two equestrian related puns!  And for that, I deserve a gold medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment