Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mascara’s Magic

If you’re like me, you’ve been known to give yourself a complex just by looking at pictures of what appear to be perfect celebrities with their perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect clothes, and perfect bodies. Sure, from time to time there’s a “Stars Without Makeup” exposé, which eases the pain for a split second, but then it’s right back to feeling sorry for yourself for not being (quite) as perfect. Don’t get me wrong; I bow at mascara’s altar and know the drastic impact it can have on one’s appearance – and outlook on life. But even with that knowledge, I have, from time to time, questioned if makeup really makes that big a difference.

Then I saw the following pictures.

Never again shall I ask such a question.  

  Downton Abbey's Siobhan Finneran (aka O'Brien) in character.   
Finneran after putting her face on.



 Downton Abbey's Phyllis Logan (aka Mrs. Hughes) 
Logan in real life.

Having seen these pictures, I’m now thoroughly convinced that Benjamin Franklin was wrong: It’s not alcohol that proves that God loves us. It’s blush and eye shadow and fake eyelashes.

And I think I speak for all of us when I say, thank goodness He loves us so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment