Sunday, June 30, 2013

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, I found myself at an enchanted mall, clothes-shopping with a friend. (Isn’t everything in California enchanted, or is that just the medical marijuana talking?) As we moved from rack to rack, I happened to notice a mannequin above me, modeling some trendy, overly priced outfit.

And that’s when I saw them.

Nipples.

On the mannequin.

Maybe someone should turn down the a/c...

Maybe I’m missing something here. Could someone please explain to me why in the world mannequins need nipples? Who decided this was a good idea? I haven’t taken a poll or anything, but don’t most women go out of their way to avoid such a situation? Isn’t that why there’s no end to the amount of covers and petals and padded bras on the market? (Okay, so maybe padded bras serve a dual purpose.) I mean, I have friends who literally use band-aides to prevent this kind of embarrassment. So why on earth would someone decide that women want to see what a shirt looks like with their headlights showing?

It would be kind of funny if it wasn’t so gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment